Thursday, November 10, 2005

My life at work...

First of all, I have to apologize for the number of toilet pictures on my blog, I'm just completely fascinated by the extensive variety they have in Japan. Some are barely more than porcelain lined holes in the ground (don't worry, no pictures of these). And then there's the ones we have at work.
I save up so that I have to go sit down at during my work day just so I can use this thing. The most thrilling, and also most odd feeling is the fact that the seat is warmed.

In my life, the only time that a seat has been warm for me is when someone has just gotten off of it - and typically that's not a time you really want to be there.

Now aside from the heating system, which I'm sure I will appreciate even more once the weather gets colder, there is also a variety of bum washing features. I haven't been adventurous enough to try these just yet but I hear they're lovely.
But it wasn't until just yesterday when I was enjoying my warm seat that I noticed the most surprising feature...it's Window's XP compatible!!! Bill Gates would be so proud.

My only complaint is that the stalls are so very small that I have a hard time sitting down without my knees hitting the wall in front of me.

So my work life outside the bathroom is also very good.
We have an open house here today and tomorrow. This picture is with a couple of other guys I work with. The shaved head guy is Todd, he's Canadian so pretty much automatically cool. But he's also a DJ - which probably makes him even cooler, although I don't know what kind of discs he jockies. The other guy is Dan. He runs about 6 days a week, but he also drinks like a fish so he still has a cute little beer belly.

This was another picture from today. My supervisor from SFU is on the left in the white shirt. He's pretty much a genius, so I end up feeling cognitively insufficient a lot of the time. Despite his social ackwardness at times he's actually a very nice guy. Although he was trash talking me in the Newsletter that circulates to SFU Kinesiology professors saying he was 'building confidance dropping a guy half his age on the climbs' while riding here in Japan. I wish I could dispute this acusation, but I can't. Just read the entry title 'Tips for Riding in Japan with Ted' and you'll have an idea why.
The other asian guy is actually an SFU Engineering student here doing a co-op term. He also went to elementary school with my girlfriend Christine! Small world.

This last picture is of me and my Japanese teacher who is also the librarian at ATR where I work.

I suppose many of you haven't seen me in my glasses! I actually wear them about once a week now. I wore them today to try and make myself look smarter, but instead some old Japanese guy just told me I was handsome! haha.
Better luck tomorrow I guess!

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Cameron said...

yah I'm sorry about the toilet business brooke... I knew you wouldn't approve, but you've got to admit that is one fine pooping machine!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Mina said...

*eyeroll* I absolutely refuse to post toilet pics on my blog, it's just... so... weird...
Oh yeah, just a warning, if you cover the sensor on the toilet and turn on the sprayer, you will get wet! However, I do not, and I repeat, I do not know this from personal experience. You'll have to talk to Jon for that ^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home