Thursday, November 10, 2005

Riding Last Saturday

This week has been super crazy with work, so I've been even more behind with my emails/phone calls/blog updates than usual
These pictures were taken on a 6 hour 'cycle-seeing' adventure I went on with this guy Tijn I work with. He's from Holland and working on his Masters - but he's only 21!!! Boy do I feel lazy.
He was riding a Japanese mountain bike, so our pace wasn't too fast, but we saw got to see some sights that are off the beaten track of most tourists.


This is me ripping down the mountain that took us about 1.5 hours to climb. The ride down was awesome. Although there were a lot of hair pin turns and not many were marked. The other problem we had was that the cars were going too slow. The sky is a bit hazy, but you can sort of see out over Nara.

So I have to order wrong here. This is us at the top before we got to ride down! Again a hazy view, but it was a nice warm day.

Another gratuitous riding shot. I was barely moving, but thanks to Tijn's stellar photography skills it looks like I'm smokin'.

One of the temples we got to was having a big event for the national Seven, Five, Three festival they have here. I don't know exactly what goes on, but it's to honour boys aged 3 and 7 and girls aged 5... or maybe the other way around, but you get the idea.
Don't worry it was a consentual photo - I asked her mom first!
More shots to come soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home